Diversity and Inclusion – women in tech
We dig deeper into the teams that we share our time with every day – their backgrounds, skills and how we can do even more to attract women into the tech space. As fast as the world is catching up with equality, there are still challenges for women within the tech industry and how we want to be a part of the paradigm shift that is still needed today.
In the first of our talks with excellent women that work at Kurtosys, we chat with Deidre van der Merwe, Data Engineering Team Lead, about being an empowering leader of her team, her path into technology and how the space can help facilitate the hiring of women into the industry from an early age.
Deidre van der Merwe - Data Engineering Team Lead
1. Who/what influenced you to pursue a career in the world of tech? Can any of your out of work life be related to your skills you use in your role?
Being able to effectively and efficiently problem solve is something I love to do. Every task is an opportunity to learn. Working in the Tech space has taught me to embrace change and challenge – even get excited by it!
3. What do you think will attract women into the tech space?
4. What could we do as a company to ensure women are thriving in our own tech world?
5. What would you say are some of the challenges for women in tech within the industry, and do you feel Kurtosys is supportive?
6. Are they any new skills you have learnt while here at Kurtosys?
Request a Demonstration
Whether you’re looking to build a brand new secure website or improve your data visualization, get in touch and we’ll be happy to show you.