London, UK — 26 June 2012 – A recent Kurtosys survey into investors’ preferences in fund reporting showed that client satisfaction hinges on the design and quality of reporting, interactive tools and mobile capability.
98% of investors said that it was vital to have access to well designed, professionally built reports, underlining the pivotal role that client reporting plays in attracting and retaining asset.
- Less than 1 in 5 investors visit a fund manager’s website to browse products
- Online reporting portals, fund prices and factsheets & online information such as document libraries, blogs or fund manager commentaries were the main reasons for website visits
Mobile distribution continues to dominate:
- 72% of respondents already use a mobile device for work
- 76% would be likely to use a secure mobile app to track funds or access pricing
- Apps should feature interactive charting and fund manager videos
- Just 7% of investors would use an app to access social networking tools
Accuracy and design retain top spot:
- 80% of investors said that price and performance tables were essential when it comes to analysing and manipulating fund market data
- Accuracy ranked no.1 rank for importance in client reporting
- 98% of investors said it was important to have well designed, professional client reports
“Kurtosys has long understood that client reporting is of paramount importance when it comes to meeting the needs of investors, be they multi-managers, institutional investors or wealth managers,” said Jeff Hendren, President at Kurtosys. “Our survey demonstrates the need to provide a full suite of interactive analytics, mobile enabled document libraries and first rate performance data to satisfy investors growing thirst for information.”
The findings were drawn from a survey on investor preferences conducted by Infovest21 on behalf of Kurtosys in Q2, 2012.
Go to http://www.kurtosys.com/investorsurvey to download a free copy of the report.
– Ends –
About the Survey
Infovest21 and Kurtosys conducted the survey during May 2012 to probe investors’ preferences when it comes to fund reporting services, including why they visit a fund manager’s website, which tools they value most and their usage of mobile devices. 170 investors were surveyed by email or phone. 39% of the respondents were multi-manager investment firms, 23% were institutional investors, 17% were investment consultants and 14% were wealth managers or family offices. Of the respondents, 12% were based in Europe and the remainder in the US.
Kurtosys is a global provider of digital tools that help asset managers attract and retain investor assets. Since 2002, our team of industry experts have been using digital media to transform the way that financial information is shared and consumed.
Our solutions help brands connect with their customers using the power of online and mobile communications. Our robust infrastructure and outsourcing services help eliminate unnecessary workflows and reduce costs, and our web and document design services are dedicated to making financial data beautiful.
Headquartered in London, Kurtosys has offices in New York, San Francisco, Cape Town, Gurgaon (India) and Manila. Our presence spans five continents and our clients include some of the world’s largest asset managers.